insurance provider list and more information
Health Insurance Information
Thank you for choosing Ocean Regional Eye Surgery Center for your procedure.
The health Insurance plans we participate in include
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
It is important that you contact your insurance company prior to receiving services at Ocean Regional Eye Surgery Center. Each plan is different and provide varying levels of coverage which could make a difference in your out-of-pocket expenses. It is always best to contact your insurance company to obtain more information if you have any questions.
As all insurance plans are different, it is your surgeon’s responsibility to verify if your plan requires a pre-authorization for the procedure(s) you are having performed and obtain one when required. Furthermore, Ocean Regional Eye and your surgeon are two separate providers and may or may not participate in the same insurances. It is your responsibility to verify insurance participation.
Prior to your surgery, we will contact your insurance carrier for verification of your insurance eligibility and benefits. We will advise you of any and all financial responsibilities in advance of your surgery to ensure your complete understanding. All required co-pays, outstanding deductibles, and coinsurances will be collected on the day of surgery. If your insurance plan requires a referral, it is your obligation to obtain this for your services. For your convenience, we accept cash, credit cards, checks, and money orders.
- All amounts quoted are an estimate ONLY. Final determination of your responsibility will be made by your insurance company, once the claim is processed;
- Ocean Regional Eye Surgery Center is not affiliated with your surgeon’s office;
- Physician services provided in the facility are not included in the facility’s charges;
- You can be held responsible for up to 3 separate bills:
- 1. Ocean Regional Eye Surgery Center (Facility)
- 2. Your Surgeon (Provider)
- 3. PPMC Anesthesia Group (JJM Medical Services) (Anesthesiologist)
- Physicians who provide services in the facility may or may not participate with the same health benefits plans as the facility;
- The covered person should check with the physician arranging for the facility services to determine the health benefits plans in which the physician participates;
- The covered person should contact their carrier for further consultation on those costs
Other Care Providers:
We work with other providers which may be a part of your care while at Ocean Regional Eye Surgery Center. In addition to a bill from the facility and the physician, you may receive a bill from the anesthesiology group listed below:
PPMC Anesthesia Group
40 East Avenue #7
Lewiston, ME 04240
Should you have any questions regarding billing, please feel free to contact our Billing Department before your surgery date at (732) 797-3233, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm. We will be happy to assist you.
Since 1996, our surgeons at ORESC have performed 40,000 ophthalmic procedures. We achieve the highest standard of ambulatory surgical care for the community in which we work, live and provide care for.